Hamas militants carried out public executions in Gaza on Monday, killing eight men accused of collaborating with Israel just hours after President Trump signed a peace agreement declaring the “end of an age of terror and death.”
Video footage shows the blindfolded men kneeling in the street before Hamas gunmen shoot them in front of a cheering crowd. The group claimed the victims were “criminals and collaborators with Israel,” though no evidence was provided.
Among the dead was Ahmad Zidan al-Tarabin, reportedly linked to a rival militia. The executions came as Hamas moved to reestablish control over Gaza following Israel’s withdrawal from the territory.
The killings follow deadly clashes Sunday between Hamas and the powerful Dagmoush clan, in which 52 clan members and 12 Hamas fighters were killed, including the son of senior official Bassem Naim. Witnesses said militants used ambulances to storm neighborhoods and torch homes, accusing residents of aiding Israel.
President Trump said Hamas had been temporarily authorized to handle internal security as part of his 20-point peace plan, but he later vowed the group would be disarmed if it refused to comply.
Under the agreement, Hamas was expected to surrender its weapons and relinquish control of Gaza—terms the group has so far rejected amid ongoing violence in the region.